How to Prolong Laptop Accumulator Duration
These are the main factors influencing your battery durability:
2) quantity of "charge-discharge" cycles;
3) service life and conditions.
1. Temperature. Optimal temperature for laptop batteries is between 15-25C. In such temperature conditions durability of batteries is more extended. 5-45C temperature rate is also acceptable. But as soon as these frames are exceeded batteries become degraded rapidly. While heating batteries may even explode.
In order to reduce laptop battery's temperature it is recommended to lift up the back butt of the device. Just put a book or some other object beneath the rear end. You can use a cooling rest specially intended for this purpose. Following such recommendations improves the temperature of battery and inner laptop components by way of activated air circulation and cooling the battery.
2. Charging and discharging of the battery. This is the second factor which influences battery duration.
Obviously, if you use only buttery while operating your laptop and do not plug it in, your battery will use up faster. As a rule, laptop batteries can experience up to 1000 "charge-discharge" cycles if the temperature conditions are followed.
Li-Ion batteries, for example, have very weak memory effects, unlike NiCd and NiMh ones. They need to be fully charged and discharged from time to time. When using Li-Ion accumulator try to avoid the full discharging. As soon as you have 3-5% of battery charge it is better to switch the laptop off.
3. Service conditions. It was noticed before that the proper temperature rate is very important while operating the laptop. If you follow the recommended temperature conditions your battery will live for a long time. It is not recommended to play computer games using only battery. In this case you experience not only the hightened temperature but speeded up discharge as well. When combined, these two factors precipitate accumulator's degradation. When you play very often without plugging your laptop in, you run risks of getting defective battery very soon.